Are you irritated with iMessage waiting for activation error in iOS 12, 11, or iOS 10 on iPhone? Or do you think that now it’s done, you don’t want to use iMessage? If you think the same then don’t do it as we are here with a solution of iMessage waiting for activation. This error comes when you try to use iMessage on PC or iPhone device.
Most of the time iMessage works perfectly, but when it happens, it makes us mad. To fix iMessage activation error here, we have some recommendation for you. So test it on your iPhones, and enjoy successful activation of iMessage.
When there is an error in iMessage, it shows you a message like could not sign in, please check your network connection”, “Waiting for activation,” “An error occurred during activation,” or “Activation unsuccessful”. It can occur due to many causes, and hence we have found all possible reason to solve iMessage activation not working. So let’s take a look at it.
iMessage Waiting for Activation – How to solve iMessage not working error?
- 1 iMessage Waiting for Activation – How to solve iMessage not working error?
- 1.1 Solution #1: Check Internet Connection
- 1.2 Solution #2: Turn on and off iMessage, and Hard Reset Your Device
- 1.3 Solution 3: Update Your iPhone’s Carrier Settings
- 1.4 Solution #4: Apple ID Sign-out and Sign-in
- 1.5 Solution 5: Check For Software Update
- 1.6 Solution 6: Last Option
- 1.7 Reset iPhone to Factory Settings
- 1.8 Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup
Here we have some amazing fixes but before we start, make sure that your number listed in the Phone app. To check, it goes to Settings >> Phone >> Your Name >> enters your number.
Make sure Date & Time and Time Zone is set correctly. For that go to Settings >> General >> Date & Time >> enable Set Automatically.
Solution #1: Check Internet Connection
iMessage need an excellent internet connection to work properly. Hence, you have to make sure that your internet connection works properly.
- To check the connection go to Settings >> Wi-Fi/Cellular >> turn off the switch, and restart your device and then turn on Wi-Fi/Cellular.
- Now, check the iMessage, if the problem continues, then reset network settings. However, it will delete all the existing network settings and return them to factory default. Go to Settings >> General >> Reset >> Reset Network Settings >> Enter your Passcode >> Confirm.
- Check the problem is solved or not. If not, then go to the next fix.
Solution #2: Turn on and off iMessage, and Hard Reset Your Device
Try to give a fresh start to your iPhone and iMessage. Few users reported that this trick works for them.
Step 1: Go to Settings >> Messages >> Turn off iMessage>> reboot device.
- Press the home button and power button concurrently for 10 seconds to reset the On iPhone 6s/iPhone SE or earlier model.
- For iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, hold volume low and Home button
Step 3: Restart your device and open iMessage. We hope this trick helps you to solve imessage says waiting for activation error. If it does not work, then there a few more methods that can help you.
Solution 3: Update Your iPhone’s Carrier Settings
New update of carrier setting may improve performance as well as solve some issue on your phone.
Step 1: Check your internet connection or Wi-Fi is enabled on your device. Open Settings >> go to general tab>> go to about.
- Look for the update, if there is an update available then update it. In case if you want to check the version, then you can see it from carrier settings next to Carrier.
- Keep in mind, when you insert new SIM card on your iPhone, each time you have to download the carrier setting for the new carrier.
Solution #4: Apple ID Sign-out and Sign-in
Till now any of the above solutions is not work for you then it is time to sign out and again sign in to your Apple ID account. It is not as funny as you think as it works for some users. Who knows it works for you.
Step 1: Go to Settings >> Message, scroll down and click on ‘Send & Receive.’
Step 2: Tap on the Apple ID and press Sign Out.
Step 3: Now, Switch off iMessage and wit for some time.
Step 4: Now switch ON iMessage.
Step 5: Now enter Apple ID details and check iMessage is working or not.
Solution 5: Check For Software Update
When Apple releases a software update, do not forget to install the update. It solves many different issues and boosts the performance of the device. With it also try your hand on troubleshooter.
Go to Settings >> General >> Software Update >> install the update as usual. Reboot your device and check the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 6: Last Option
In this solution, we will restore all the content and settings like the new one. So before applying to this solution take the full backup of your iPhone.
For that go to Settings >> General >> Reset >> Erase all Content and Settings >> Enter iPhone Passcode >> confirm. Next set up your device as per your specification.
Reset iPhone to Factory Settings
Another way to restore your iPhone is via iTunes. For that connect your device from your pc >> fire iTunes >> device >> Restore iPhone >> confirm.
Restore iPhone from iTunes Backup
After restoring your device it’s time to set it up perfectly. After setting up open iMessage.
After trying all the solution, if any of the solutions do not work, then contact Apple for help. Now I think you have found the answer of how to activate iMessage.
It is all about how to solve iMessage waiting for activation OR iMessage not working an error occurred during activation. And now apparently you know why is my iMessage not activating. So go ahead and enjoy iMessage on your Apple device. Mean while you can check our previous article about iMessage with Echo and Spotlight Effects and iMessage for Android.